Monday, November 2, 2009

Family

How does a Mother know when she is done having children? I have been thinking about this a lot. I was waiting after I just had Austin to get that over-whelming feeling that I have heard people describe that you just know when you are done, and I still haven't gotten that feeling and Austin is 5 months old. So I have been wondering what that means? Does it mean our family still has a child waiting to come? or does it mean that maybe in a while I will still get that feeling. Cause some days when I am overwhelmed with the four amazing kids I already have I feel how could I juggle more? but then when I think "what if this were my last" I get really sad and can't give away any of my baby stuff hoping there will be another girl. I don't know maybe your comments can help shed some light on this confusing topic for me. Don't be shy, share how you knew you were done if you are done. Thanks for the help. So here are some pics that make me so grateful for my children and want more at the same time...

Us girls


How did we get 2 girls and then 2 boys? Just Awesome!

They love getting their picture taken.




The girls at our favorite mexican taco shop in San Diego.




Swimming at my Dad's in San Diego.


Uncle Alan spending time with the kids.


We all love our Daddy.


Allison holding Austin she is so good with him.


All four of my babies. OK I gotta stop I am crying again.

4 comments:

Prescott family said...

First let me just say, you have beautiful kids! I knew after my fourth son that I was done... can't really say exactly how I knew, but there were small things... like I knew I couldn't really handle more (mentally or physically - my last one was a cryer!!), then there is the financial aspect too. I think if you think about it logically, then pray about it you will get your answer. I say, if you can handle it - have more!! :o)
I can't believe you are even thinking about it so soon after having your last one! You GO GIRL!!
Andrea

Matt and Crysany Bean said...

I don't have any advice because I still have many years of child bearing ahead of me... but i want to tell you how amazing and adorable all your kids are! Wow! You honestly have a beautiful family! Thank you for all you have done for me and my new family...(Matt just adores your family!) We love you!

Emily Nutz O'Neal said...

I'm glad to know I'm not the only one who thinks about that question ALL the time. Part of my thought process is Ryan, I think if we add another one to the mix his brain will explode! You and Bobby seem to have all the patience in the world, so I agree with Andrea - if you can afford it, why not? I've never heard anyone say they wish they had had one less =)

ps. Claire and Alexis wore the exact same Halloween costume - crazy!

Sarah said...

I wish I could help with this. Unfortunately, I feel the exact same way with 4. Sad if i were to say I was done having kids, but my life is so full with 4. It doesn't help that my oldest thinks he is the family planner, and tells me "mom, I figured out that you have a baby every 2 years!" Doesn't he know that will not go on FOREVER, lol!