This is our Shih-poo dog named Rusty. He is half Toy Poodle and half Shih-tzu. This is what he looked like when we got him in May of 2007, now you can see in the pictures he looks a lot different. Well on January 4th, Sunday night around 7:30pm he got out of the house and ran away to chase a cat. Robert searched for three hours for him, while I was driving home from Provo. He was just gone, in a matter of seconds. Well I am one of those crazy people that just falls in love with my pets so you can just imagine how I felt to come home and know he was gone. Let's just say I was devastated. I wanted to have hope that we would find him but I was trying to prepare myself also to try to accept the fact that we might not. So Sunday night I was sad then Monday as I searched on foot my feelings turned into anger then tears as I didn't hear him shake his dog tags, scratch at the door to go out, bark at all the cars and jump up on me when I got home. I put an ad on KSL, an ad in the newspaper, called the police station, called my vet, the animal shelter, had all my friends and neighbors even the mail man looking for him, still nothing until Tuesday after noon when I got on our local radio station live and described him and gave my information and within I minute the lady that had him called me and I jumped in my car to go him. It ended up that a man found him on center street in Aurora almost 20 miles away and didn't want to keep him so he took him to a dog groomer he knew named Julie and she was who called me. I got to her house and saw that it was really him and just broke down crying thanking her for returning him to me. I don't know how he ended up 20 miles away all I care is that he is home and our family is back to normal. Just another miracle in our lives. We are so grateful.
Thursday, January 22, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)











3 comments:
I'm so glad you found him!
All I can say is my poor little Rusty Pup!
So glad that it had a happy ending! I hope you are feeling well!
Post a Comment